Sunday, May 12, 2013

Album Review: Taylor Swift's Fearless

Genre:
Country

Interest Level:
Ages 9 and up

Album Theme:
Young love, first love, unrequited love, growing up

Albums with Similar Themes:  
A Year Without Rain by Selena Gomez and the Scene, Red by Taylor Swift

Bibliographic Information:
Swift, T., & Chapman, N. (2008). Fearless. Nashville, TN: Big Machine Records.

Artist Website:
http://www.taylorswift.com/ 

Review:  
Fearless is the second studio album of singer Taylor Swift. The album includes thirteen songs with tween-friendly themes. Some of the most popular songs include Fifteen, Love Story, and You Belong with Me. A number of songs refer to school settings, such as You Belong to Me which tells the story of a girl on the bleachers comparing herself to the cheering captain, who is dating her love interest. Fifteen tells the story of a girl in high school going on a first date with a boy who has a car. The song The Best Day tells the story of a girl's relationship with her parents as she grows up and mentions her at thirteen having a bad day because of her mean friends at school and how her parent comforts her. The song is a reflection of how important both families and friends are to tweens. These songs and many more are what make Fearless a great tween album!

Best Lyrics:
Taken from The Best Day

I'm thirteen now and don't know how my friends could be so mean  
I come home crying and you hold me tight and grab the keys  
And we drive and drive until we found a town far enough away  
And we talk and window shop 'til I've forgotten all their names
I don't know who I'm gonna talk to now at school  

But I know I'm laughing on the car ride home with you  
Don't know how long it's gonna take to feel okay  
But I know I had the best day with you today

Video for The Best Day:




 

No comments:

Post a Comment